Saturday, January 6, 2018

My First Craft Class

I invited a few friends over to make tags from their Old Christmas cards.  This was a very casual gathering.  Not a lot of supplies were needed. I provided a few punches, hole punches, and some cutting boards.  I showed a few examples and let their creativity take them the rest of the way.  The event was from 10:30am - 12:30pm.  I made some muffins and had fruit.  Mom brought over Lemon squares.  Most everyone else brought drinks with them.  I would have loved to say I have a picture of any part of the event.  Sadly, I do not have any action shots.  As soon as I set up the table, people began arriving and I was hopping the entire time.  I did get a few of my tags done and have an image of that.  I also gave away these cute little ghirardelli goodies, wrapped in Delightful Daisy Designer Paper. Showcasing the Scallop Tag Topper punch that we used today.


These tags are a version learned from The Paper Pixie.  Many guest showed interest in learning how to make these.  This is a possible class idea for February.  Maybe 2 different versions of this treat holder.
Thank you, Deb. for sharing your pictures.

Repurposed Christmas cards- Various punches used
I was able to talk about Sale-A-Bration and show the new Occasions Catalog.  I think I will have enough in purchases ($150.00) to have a mystery hostess.  This means, for everyone who orders, I will put their name in a box and pick one.  That person will get all the hostess benefits.  Depending on how much the total show is, that could be an extra $20 - $40 in product, or more!.  If the total gets to $250.00 the hostess gets an additional $25 in product.  It's a great time to host a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment