Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Party Pandas




I'm enjoying the new Party Panda Sale-A-Bration
set.



Here are a couple cards I came up with. The first one I used a few other products hanging around my craft room. I also added Amazing You to this one.   I absolutely love the Stitched Framelits Set.



What I did:
Stamps & Products:
Party Panda Stamps (SU! Sale-A-Bration 2018) 
Sentiment:Amazing You (SU! Sale-A-Bration 2018)
Stitched Framelits Circles (SU!)
Tag punch
Black ribbon 
Iridescent Sequin assortment
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock (SU!) 11 x 8.5 (scored at 4.25) , Basic Black Cardstock (SU!) 4.25 x 1.25, Whole Lot of Lovely DSP (SU!) 4.25 x 5.5
Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento Ink

I stamped my images first.  Always stamp first- see why here.  Just cut all the pieces out after stamping and put the card together.

For my next card, I wanted to use the Stampin' Blends.  I am getting the hang of these.  The trick for coloring balloons is to actually start with the darker blend first, along the edge of the balloon and flick toward the center.  Next, build with the lighter one.  I did go back in with the color lifter to pull back some color.  Coloring these balloons in really had me wanting more of a Garden Green color- the love just doesn't seem to match with the other primary-like colors.  What do you think?   I also used a few other stamp sets to create this card. I love mixing the Balloon Celebration set with this to get the different sized balloons.  I also masked the balloons off to get them to look like they are hiding behind one another.



What I did:
Stamps & Products:
Party Panda Stamps (SU! Sale-A-Bration 2018) 
Balloon Celebration (SU!)
Sentiment:Big Day (SU! Sale-A-Bration 2017)
Paper: 2 Whisper White Cardstock (SU!) 11 x 8.5 (scored at 4.25),  5.25 x 4
 Basic Black cardstock 5.5 x 4.25(SU!)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento Ink
Stampin Blends: Daffodil, Cherry, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Smoky Slate(light only)

I stamped the various images with Momento Tuxedo Black and made sure it dried. I started with the smallest ballon and only worked one balloon at a time.  I also alternated the same colors in the word BIRTHDAY.  At the end I felt like Panda needed to look grounded.  So I added a little of the light smoky slate under him.


145372 Stitched framelits
Sale-A-Bration 2018
144212 Iridescent Sequin assortment
140675 Balloon Celebration

Stampin' Blends 



132708 Tuxedo Black

No comments:

Post a Comment