Monday, January 15, 2018

...It's Still Snowing



What would you do if you were off work, it was 10 degrees outside, and snowing for 10 hours straight with no sign of stopping? Design a card of course!.  Here is my snowing little friend 'Snow-one Like You' entered in this week's Muse challenge.  I received my Brusho Crystal colors a few weeks ago, but have been wanting to research before diving in.

What I did:
Stamps & Products:
Frozen Friends (Nook Designs) 
Paper:  Whisper White Cardstock (SU!) 11 x 8.5 (scored at 4.25), 2 x 1inch strip
Paper Denim .75 x 1.75
Water color paper (SU!) cut at 5 3/8 x 4 1/8
Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento Ink
Versa Mark
White Embossing Powder
Copics: B00, B02, BG10, C1
Stampin' Blends: Light and Dark Smoky
Prussian Blue Brusho
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Pearl
nuvo Crystal Drops- Ebony Black
novo Glitter drops-White Blizzard
Heat tool
Stampin' Spritzer
Big Shot

I stamped several snowflakes on the water color paper with Versa Mark, added the white embossing powder and heat set.  Once it was dry I was ready to start the fun!
I started by lightly spraying the water color paper with Stampin' Spritzer.  I poked a single hole in the Brusho and lightly tapped the powder out.  As it spread I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- Pearl.  This gave the desired water along with a glimmer snow-like effect.  I allowed it to dry.  I learned a little trick.  If your paper curls as it dries, put it between a folded piece of copy paper and run it through your Big Shot without any dies.  While drying I stamped my snowman image on scrap paper, colored it with Copics and Stampin' Blends and cut it out, leaving a little white space.  I stamped the sentiment using Versa Mark, added the white embossing powder and heat set.  I added nuvo Crystal Drops- Ebony Black to the buttons and White Blizzard to the snow bank and ball on the hat.Once all was dried I assembled the card.  It's a little easier to see the glimmer that the Glimmer mist adds in the following picture:

The Inspiration for this card came from Tracey McNeely.  I saw the background and thought, "this is the week I break out my Brusho Crystals."  I also kept the wintery critter and message towards the bottom of the card.  Thanks for the great card idea, Tracey.

Muse Challenge Inspiration Card


Product links:
Brush Crystals
White Embossing Powder

Stampin' Spritzer
Watercolor Paper
VersaMark




147475 Stampin' Blends
Dapper Denim


Big Shot




6 comments:

  1. Suzanne I think the Brusho Crytals look fantastic for your snowy background. You used so many fun products. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and the skill that went into it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, and such a beautiful snowy background.
    Thanks for the paper flattening tip. I'm going to try that when my paper curls after heat embossing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. such a gorgeous snowy background you have created Suzanne. Thanks for sharing your trick to flatten the curled up paper. I'm going to try it out next time. 😍💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! If I were in that situation (and it's possible, since I'm in Toronto), I'd be designing a sunny beach card! Love the gorgeous background and the sweet snowman! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete