Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Baby, It's COLD Outside

Entering a new challenge this week: LESS IS MORE! Colour Challenge. #436 Chocolate. I used a few stamp sets to create this front panel. The Challenge is: to mostly use the color Chocolate.  The first thing I think of is Hot Chocolate.  Especially when it is -5 F today up here in Northern IL.


I stamped using all Momento Ink- Rich Cocoa. I love this stamp set by Colorado Craft Company- inspired by the Childrens' Book, Guess How Much I Love You, illustrated by Anita Jeram. This stamp set is called Wishing You Happiness

The hot cocoa mug and the sentiment came from a Newton's Nook Stamp set called Frozen Friends. I stamped and fussy cut the Hot cocoa mug and added it with dimensionals. Last, I grounded the scene by drawing a line using thin black sharpie- couldn't locate my brown Sharpie.

I am planning on sending this out to my Mom for Valentines Day, so I added a little to the inside. With over a foot of snow and the temperatures staying in single digits, I don't think the snow will be going anywhere, anytime soon.  I'm sure not many of your Valentine's have snow images adorning them.
 












Last but not least, I always dress up the Envelope. The flap matches the inside of the card, but the front of the envelope has a cure little snowman.  I think mom will love it! 






Card Recipe



 Standard Tent Fold design 8.5in x 5.5 in card, scored at 4.25
Front panel stamped on white card stock 5in x 3.75in.

Ink: 
Momento Rich Cocoa
Stamp Sets:
Wishing you Happiness By Colorado Craft Company, Frozen Friends by Newton's Nook
Techques:
Stampin' Blends to color: Light Crumb cake and Dark crumbcake, bronze and Light Pool Party, Light Real Red
Dimensionals to pop up the front panel

6 comments:

  1. Adorable card, love the mug of hot chocolate too! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my Blog and the positive comment.

      Delete
  2. I just love these two little critters, it's a fab CAS card and perfect for the challenge at LIM.
    Chrissie x
    Co-Creator and GD Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous! I love these cute little critters. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More

    ReplyDelete