Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Pretty as a Peacock


I am playing along with AAA Birthday Card Challenges this month.  I have been sending birthday cards to co-workers all year and am always in need of inspiration.








The Challenge #22 was to use one large image. This is an older image from an unknown stamp set.  I cut her out by hand.  I stamped her using a combo of inks: Stampin; Up! Pretty Peacock and Gina K. Sea Glass.  I used a stencil for the background and kept everything pretty monochromatic.





I added a sentiment inside and called it a day.  Hope you like it.  I will be giving this to a co-worker tomorrow.











Card Recipe

Standard Tent Fold design 8.5in x 5.5 in card, scored at 4.25.  Front panel stamped on white card stock 5 3/8 in x 4 1/8 in.

Ink: 

SU! Pretty Peacock, Gina K  Dye ink -Sea Glass

Paper: 

White cardstock
SU! Pretty Peacock cardstock


Stamp Sets:

Images: Older stamp set- Hero Arts
Sentiment: 2018 Sale-A-Bration Set: Beautiful Peacock 

Other:

Stencil: Simon Says Stamping Bubblewrap ssst121488
SU! New Blending Brushes 153611
Dimensionals: 104430
SU! Triple Banner Punch 138292
Versamark Ink
White embossing Powder
Heat Gun

Techniques:

Stampin' Up! Blending brishes to color: Pretty Peacock and Sea Glass to get an Ombre look
Dimensionals to pop up the front panel

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the aqua monochromatic colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    Thanks for the positive comment. I love having the challenges- card making is my therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite colours..great card. Thanks for playing along with us this month at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Pip. I love these colors- so soothing.

      Delete
  4. Love the peacock colour, seems perfect ;-) Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards.

    ReplyDelete