Thursday, August 15, 2019

A Little Bit of Shine



I wanted to play around a little with my clear embossing powder.  It's hard to show in photos, but what I did here was stamp the butterflies with Versamark and then heat embossed, using clear embossing powder.  After I cut out several 'celebrate' I stacked them together and glued them.  I then, dipped the entire word in Versmark ink pad and sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set it.  It gives it a kind- of patent leather -look, don't you think?

I'm adding this to the CAS(E) this Sketch for this week.
CAS(E) #334
Here is the sketch:

You should check out some of the other great takes on this sketch.




What I did:
STAMPS: Butterfly Gala Stamp set (SU!)
CARDSTOCK & PAPER: Cream(SU!) card base: cut 5.5 x 8 1/2 scored at 4.25, Cream(SU!) cut 5.5" x 4.25" , adhering it to the card base with Tape’ , after everything running it through the embossing folder with some  crumb cake ink rubbed on it.
CARDSTOCK: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist (All SU! cardstock)
INK:Versamark, Crumb Cake for the embossing folder.
OTHER: Pinewood Plank Embossing Folder (SU!), Double Butterfly Punch (SU!)Snail
You can really see the shine here.
Adhesive(SU!),  Celebration die cut(Ellison), Clear embossing Powder (SU!), Tear & Tape (SU!) Simply Scored (SU!), liquid glue.
TECHNIQUE: I dabbed a little crumb cake ink from the ink pad, directly on the embossing folder.  Ran the cream cardstick through using Pinewood Plank folder.  I stamped a few butterfly images using with Versa Mark and immediately sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set.  Once dry, I punched out the butterflies and placed them on the card.  After cutting out several 'Celebrate' I glued them together and dipped the entire word in clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Using liquid glue I adhered the entire word over the butterflies.


What have you used your clear embossing powder for?

No comments:

Post a Comment