Monday, March 23, 2020

Timeless Tulips in Time fo Spring




How pretty are these cards?  I was inspired by Linda Dalke from www.lhiggins.blogspot.com and made a few changes with things I had on hand.  Using just a few supplies I was able to create these beautiful cards.  I used the Timeless Tulips Bundle. What a great set to own.  7 different sentiments along with several sizes of tulips, leaves, and stems.  You can mix and match and have endless combinations. The punch is a fantastic addition.  It adds just the right dimension.  You can use it with the stamped image or alone on solid or pattern paper.
Come back here tomorrow to see a short-cut on how to stamp and punch out in an easy step all while saving paper.
I did use a few other supplies to create the background.  I used the large long stitched rectangle die to ground the tulips.  I also us the script die from Parisian Beauty Stamp Set. I tried the script stamping directly on the cardstock and also on Vellum. They both turned out great- the Vellum took much longer to dry. I created the script background using the Stamparatus and moving down one hinge each time until I filled the page. I mounted the Petal Pink Card on a tent-fold card and added the Easter message inside. Some of my friends may be seeing this card in their mail, soon.







What I did:
 STAMPS: Timeless Tulips(SU! Occasions Catalog) stamp set and Parisian Beauty for thee script background.
CARDSTOCK & PAPER: White(SU!) card base: cut 4.25 x 10 scored at 5.5 for tent fold, Petal Pink 5.25 x 4, and Whisper White(SU!) long rectangle stitched die.
INK:Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, and Mossy Meadow
OTHER: Snail Adhesive(SU!), dimensionals, Tear & Tape (SU!) Simply Scored (SU!) Scissor snips, Stamparatus
TECHNIQUE: No special technique was used.  Tomorrow I will show you how to use the Tulip punch and how to make the most out of paper and save time.  The biggest trick is if you stamp on Vellum, make sure it is dry before adhering it to the background.  I did use dimensionals to pop up the leaves and front tulip.  I love the long stems because you can bend them and curve them on your long acrylic block to go any direction.

Supplies:











Something Else you can make with his set:


I've also seen the tulips stamped upside down to create Jellyfish.  I've gotta try that.

Happy Stamping.  Share what you have created with this set.
Leave a comment to be entered in random drawings all month long to win free prizes!!




1 comment:

  1. This is by far the best stamp set and punch bundle I own! I use it all the time. The tulips are so beautiful and real looking. A must own for your collection. Tulips look gorgeous in every color!

    ReplyDelete