Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Snow Day/Cold Day

CAS(E) #306

 Today we are home due to record low temperatures up here in northern IL.  Awoke to -26ºF with windchill -50ºF!  WOW! Then, lost power for an hour.  Luckily it eventually came back on and all is well. What to do when given a free day- laundry and card making of course.  Temporary displaced from my Craft Room, so my hubby can work from home.  Not a bad view from the dining room table as I work.   One of the cards I worked on today is for CAS(E) Sketch #306.  I love my Distress Oxide Inks and want to add to my colors, but for now, I used what I have. I do not have an orange, but love how the Fossilized Amber and Worn Lipstick blend to create an orange hue.   I used an older stamp set.  Sorry, not sure where I obtained the set- but Simon Says Stamping has several similar sets.







CAS(E) This Sketch #306


What I did:
STAMPS: Believe Sentiment stamp set. Similar items at Simon Says Stamp.
CARDSTOCK & PAPER: Whisper White(SU!) card base: cut 5.5 x 8 1/2 scored at 4.25, Whisper White(SU!) cut  5.25 x 4, adhering it to the card base Tear Tape’ , after everything was colored on it.
INK:Versa Mark Watermark Stamp Pad Distress Oxide Inks: Worn Lipstick, Wilted Lilac, Broken China, Fossilized Amber.
Other: Snail Adhesive(SU!) Tear & Tape (SU!) Simply Scored (SU!) Scissor snips
TECHNIQUE: First, I stamped the left hand side with Versa Mark, used white embossing powder over it, and embossed using heat tool.  By embossing this causes any ink added to the card to resist.  I built The different colors using the Tim Holtz Blending tool. I spritzed with a little water and tapped wet paint brush to expose the wonderful benefits of the distressing.  Last, I adhered the card front to the base.

Products available at my Stampin' Up Store:
Remember, through the month of March, for every $50 of product you purchase, you get free items from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.

My Store


No comments:

Post a Comment