Thursday, January 17, 2019

Hello Beautiful

Hello there!  I have found that I have needed some inspirational cards for friends and family.  These are not get well cards, nor sympathy cards.  These are cards to bring up spirits when someone you love is having a rough time.  These cards can be sent out any time to lift spirits. Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love butterflies and owls.  These butterflies are going to be in so many of my upcoming cards. Still waiting on the owls, though.   I cannot begin to express how much I love the butterfly stamps, papers, punches, and thinlits that are available in the SU! Occasions Catalog and Free in Sale-A-Bration.  Many of the Sale-A-Bration items are meant to go with the regular catalog items.  I also am starting a Friday Fun Tip series.  Each Friday I will post a tip for you.  I am even going to try my hand at videoing some things.  We will see!!!! Check back Friday, Jan. 18 for my first one! It is a tip about punching out these butterflies in my following cards
This card is also being entered in Case This Sketch #305 and Less is More Water challenge:


Case This Sketch #305
Less is More - Water


What I did:
STAMPS: Sentiment- Butterfly Gala (SU! 2019 Occasions)
CARDSTOCK & PAPER: Whisper White(SU!) card base: cut 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 scored at 5 1/2, Whisper White(SU!) cut  5.25 x 4, adhering it to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals, after everything was built on it. Watercolor Paper (SU!), and Botanical Butterfly DSP (SU! Sale-A-Bration 2019) punched out using Butterfly Punch ((SU! 2019 Occasions). After creating the watercolor wash the strip of paper was cut into 1.75 x 5.25
INK:Momento- Tuxedo Black (SU!) Stampin' Write Markers:
TECHNIQUE: I'm sorry, I thought I had taken a picture.  I taped down a 4.25 X 5 piece of water color paper and used make Stampin' Write markers to lay down various colors.  I didn't completely fill in the color and saturate the paper, because I wanted the water color wash to do the rest. Colors used: Elegant Eggplant,Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, and Pool Party.  After laying down the colors (I used the fat side of the marker to just scribble color across the Watercolor paper.  I used my aqua painter to generously spread water over the entire cardstock.  I went over some areas a few times, really getting it wet so the color would spread and bleed into the other color.  I even tapped the brush a few times on the paper to get the little puddle effects.  By doing larger piece of paper I was then able to wait for the paper to dry and cut the paper into strips for several projects.

Products available at my Stampin' Up Store:
Remember, through the month of March, for every $50 of product you purchase, you get free items from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.  This is where the Butterfly DSP came from that I punched out the Butterflies.  When you order the items to create this card, you qualify for the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper




                       FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEM:













No comments:

Post a Comment